We have a couple key parish events to remember for participation this week.
The photo sessions for this year’s picture directory begin this week. It’s not too late to sign up, either in person after each of the Masses or online Monday through Wednesday. The sessions are 3:00 p.m. through 9:30 p.m., this Wednesday, November 17th through Friday, November 19th and on Saturday, November 20th, at 10:30 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., in the St. Benedict Conference Room and on Monday, November 22nd & Tuesday, November 23rd at 2:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Sts. Peter & Paul Social Hall in Lore City.
Additionally, the first round of gatherings for input for the Synod are this upcoming week as well. We are planning for 3 hour-long gatherings for this 1st round:
- Tuesday, November 16th at 3:30 p.m. in the St. Benedict Conference Room
- Wednesday, November 17th at 6:30 p.m. in the Sts. Peter & Paul Social Hall
- Thursday, November 18th at 7:30 p.m. in the St. Benedict Marian Room.
This synod process will culminate in a gathering of bishops with Pope Francis in Rome in October 2023. This is called a “synod on synodality,” with themes of “Communion, Participation and Mission.” In other words, the focus of this gathering and process is to consider how we communicate within the Church and how we communicate the Church to the world. So, we will have an exercise in communicating that will draw on input from the full range of members in the Church and from people who observe the Church from outside. We are planning for the second round of gatherings to be this January 4th & 5th.
Here are questions that you can be praying about for providing input at these gatherings:
- What aspects of the Church’s life and mission are we excelling in as a parish and/or diocese? What are we neglecting?
- What is the quality of my encounter with God, of worship and of sacramental life in the Church?
- What obstacles do I have in speaking out ideas or concerns that are important to me in my lived experience of the Church?
- What helps me to feel welcome or unwelcome? How can I be more welcoming?
Here is a link to the primary internet site for this upcoming synod: https://www.synod.va/en.html.
May Our Lord Jesus Christ help us to experience the transforming power of His mercy as He helps us to be always ready for the gift of eternal life in Heaven!